Sunday School classes are held each Sunday morning at 10 am (9:30 from Independence Day through Labor Day) for our children between the ages of 3 and 13. Confirmation instruction and Confirmation is offered every other year. We also hold many special events throughout the year, including all-age family fun nights and Vacation Bible School. Our staff of volunteer teachers devote their time and effort each week to teach the gospel and the meaning of Christian faith to our children and youth. Sayville UMC abides by The Safe Sanctuary policy; all teachers have a background check. Interested in volunteering? Contact Tammy, Steve, Rich or Beth for details!
Our Sunday School registration form is available on the Forms page!
While sleeping late can be nice, have you considered the benefits of Sunday School attendance for your child. Here are 10 reasons to make it a priority in your family.
- Age Targeted Teaching: Where else can your kids get Biblical instruction that’s focused toward their developmental abilities?
- Friends:In Sunday School, your child will build positive friendships with their peers by discovering God’s Word together.
- It’s Fun: Sunday School is not Disney Land, but our teachers do work hard to teach the Bible in ways that are relevant and fun for kids.
- Spiritual Mentors: A dedicated teacher can be a Christian role model who supports you and helps inspire the faith of your child.
- Systematic Bible Learning:Our curriculum is designed to give a broad foundation, so children will understand how all the parts of Scripture point to Christ.
- Praying Teachers: Our teachers consistently pray for your child’s faith to grow. Coming to Sunday School gives another occasion for God to answer those requests.
- Big Reward For a Small Investment: If you’re already coming to church, just come a little earlier. That one change will equal over 800 hours of additional Christian teaching before your child graduates.
- Send the Right Message: Making Sunday School a priority shows your kids that God’s Word really does matter more than pillow-time.
- Adult Bible Fellowship: Before the children enjoy their class, you can fellowship with other adults in your own Bible study group.
- You’ll Be On Time: Families who come to Sunday School always get to worship on time. It’s the easiest way to avoid being late.